Tag line

A convention of my happenings and ideas



Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Ultimate Thriller

On Saturday night I went with the hubs to see The Ultimate Thriller which is a tribute show for one of my favorite singers, Michael Jackson.  I went, not really knowing what to expect since I'd never really heard of this E'Casanova impersonator (hello, what kind of cave have I been living in?).  I was just hoping to listen to some of my favorites and watch a nice show.

Well...let's just say, the ticket should have a disclaimer on it that says "prepare to have your mind blown" because oh my God. 

The seats were General Admission and I had the wisdom and good fortune of sitting behind the lady with the largest hair ever in the whole place.  As my hubs would say, Good going Claudia. 

The show started and EC came out dressed like Bad era MJ.  He had the hair, he had the face, he had the moves, he had the voice.  It was scary and creepy and amazing all at once.  My brain and my eyes were having a constant battle as I sat there slack-jawed trying to take it all in. 

Eyes:  Oh my god, that's Michael Jackson!
Brain: Um, no it's not.
Eyes: Yes it is!
Brain:  He passed away
Eyes:  But LOOK at him!  He looks JUST like him!
Brain:  Don't be silly, you KNOW it couldn't possibly be him.
Ears:  He sounds a lot like him too.
Brain:  Ears!  You stay out of this.
Eyes:  And he dances just like him!
Brain:  I give up with you two.

Pardon me, I don't usually curse, but the first half of the show was a total and complete mind fuck.  Every other song had me crying because the surrealism of the situation was almost overwhelming.  I had goosebumps on my arms, a lump in my throat and tears on my cheeks.  It felt like I was finally getting the chance to see what it might have been like to see MJ live in concert (albeit with a lot less people and hysteria). 

After a short intermission, the show continued and I moved up to get a better look.  I was able to enjoy the second half of the show better because 1) I could actually see and 2) because the tears and the battle in my brain had subsided (Brain won). 

My favorite songs are Smooth Criminal and Thriller, so clearly I enjoyed those the most.  For Thriller, I was actually sitting with three of my former zombies (from Thrill The World).  I had run into them during  intermission and as luck would have it, they also moved up to get a better look and we all ended up sitting together in the same row...during Thriller.  How fitting is that?  Amazeballs.

Thank you MJ and E'Casanova (pictured below), for a wonderful night that I will not soon forget.  Hats off to you; you are amazingly talented.


(click on the photo for an article on E'Casanova)

1 comment:

  1. You told me he looked just like him, but this is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete